- What is HSDPA/HSUPA?
- High-Speed Downlink Packet Access (HSDPA) is a new mobile telephony protocol and is sometimes referred to as a 3.5G (or 3½G) technology. HSDPA provides a smooth evolutionary path for Universal Mobile Telecommunications System (UMTS) networks allowing for higher data capacity (up to 14.4 Mbit/s per cell in the downlink and 2 Mbit/s in the uplink per cell).
High-Speed Uplink Packet Access (HSUPA) is a 3G mobile telephony protocol in the HSPA family with up-link speeds up to 5.76 Mbit/s.
- What is the advantage of a Private APN?
- The benefit is that the traffic is secure and never goes on to a public network, staying completely on GPRS/3G. This lessens complexity in the communications path and is one less point of failure in the system.
As it is secure, this means that you will not be open to attack external parties, such as spammers or virus-based activities.
- What is the advantage of a Private IP address over a Public IP address?
- The IP address for the device is ‘hidden’. As a result the device cannot be accessed from any machine anywhere unless there is a secure VPN tunnel set up between the device and the machine.
This creates an additional level of security for those who deem their data to be highly sensitive.
- What is the VPN Client?
- For those customers who require a Private IP address but do not have a hardware firewall/router, they can download our VPN client. We would set up the customer with a username and password. the customer would then enter that when to start up the VPN client.
This will then create a VPN tunnel from the machine with the client to the devices with the SIM cards. As soon as the client is disconnected, the VPN tunnel will be broken. Any machine anywhere that has the VPN client installed will be able to access the devices with private IP addresses.
- What is the advantage of a Public IP address over a Private IP address?
- With a fixed Public IP address, you can connect to your device from any machine anywhere. You do not need to set up a VPN tunnel. This is an ideal solution for customers who do not have a firewall or do not require to set up a VPN tunnel of some type. However, as it is a public IP address, the device is open for anyone to connect to if they know the IP address.
Therefore, security is down to the customer. If you have a 3G/GPRS router then it is highly recommended you set up a logon page so that unauthorised access can be stopped.
- What is 4G?
- 4G is the mobile phone network using the Internet with speeds five times faster than 3G. It is suited to more volume data applications.
- What is 3G?
- 3G stands for third generation, a generic wireless industry term for high-speed mobile data delivery over mobileular networks. 3G networks allow users to send and receive bandwidth-intensive information such as video, video conferencing, high quality audio and web data on-demand, virtually anytime and anywhere.
- The difference of F2x14 series and F8x14 series?
- F8x14 series add ZIGBEE option based on F2x14 series to achieve ZIGBEE local networking
- What are the certifications that your company and the products have done?
- Our company has passed ISO 9000 certification, some products have done CE, FCC certification, even a number of patent certificate for new products; products pass high and low temperature test by the authority, EMC electromagnetic compatibility test; some products have done ATICK certification in Oceania.
- What is the difference between industrial router and civilian router ?
- Industrial Router is mainly used in intelligent transportation, environmental monitoring, security monitoring, security and wireless motion detector, industrial data transmission, the financial industry, power industry, water industry, and support -30 ℃ + 75 ℃ wide temperature applications. The civilian router is mainly for home application, so the environmental suitability requirements are not high, the temperature is only required to 0 ~ 55 ℃.